70. Who Wants to Outlive a Millionaire? The widow Anna Nicole Smith wins nearly $450 million in a court battle with the son of her late ninety-year-old husband.
71. Palm Pilot ads make “hot-synching” a metaphor for public sex.
72. Is that a vibrating box in your pocket or are you just happy to meet me? Japanese teenagers sport pagers that buzz when a love match comes near.
73. Harry Potter hits puberty.
74. Dr. Laura calls gays a “biological error,” gets a TV talk show, bombs in the ratings, then makes a half-assed apology on Yom Kippur.
75. Rapper Eminem and basketball star Allen Iverson reclaim the term “fag” for homophobes.
76. “He’s very pretty. Maybe that’s why he’s so paranoid. Any man that’s kind of attractive is going to be paranoid about his sexuality.” (Boy George analyzing Eminem.)
77. Madonna manages to have a baby and get engaged without going all sex-repentant on us.
78. Kathleen Turner and Jerry Hall strip full-frontal to play Mrs. Robinson in a London production of The Graduate; Catherine Deneuve says non to nudity.
79. “They couldn’t believe it in Europe. They kept asking if I was a lesbian.” (Super-sweet pop tart Jessica Simpson on her virginity.)
80. National census triggers fantasies about sultry door-to-door government employees.
81. Subaru’s gay-friendly ads “it’s not a choice, it’s the way we’re built” get thumbs-up from GLAAD.
82. The John Hancock Insurance Company’s gay-friendly ads two lesbians adopting a Chinese baby get thumbs-down from the Chinese government.
83. A nation of exhibitionists says “Look at me!”
84. Researchers find that infidelity is associated with thinking about sex several times a day, living in a central city, being male and having been part of a couple for a long time. Next project: Is orgasm linked to pleasure?
85. Ginger-esque runaway bride Darva Conger takes her clothes off for Playboy, while Mary Ann-like Survivor sweetheart Colleen Haskell keeps hers on.
86. Climax Gentleman’s Club near Pittsburgh opens a drive-through window; the Super-Size comes gratis.
87. Not content to rely on the sweat of British ravers, U.K. dance clubs market pheromone-laced moist towelettes. (Randi-Wipe, guvnor?)
88. Clad in filmy green fabric, a Versace label, toupee glue and cleavage to the crotch, Jennifer Lopez flashes the Grammies.
89. Swaziland bans mini-skirts for girls over the age of ten in an effort to curb the spread of AIDS.
90. Italian court rules that cheating on your spouse is okay “in moderation” and as long as the cheater doesn’t abandon the spouse.
91. Meg Ryan abandons her husband, Dennis Quaid, for sexual gladiator Russell Crowe.
92. In Washington, youthful WTO rioters protest, then spend downtime flirting with anarchists of all nations.
93. In Philadelphia, youthful Republican yahoos smirk contentedly, then spend downtime cruising chat rooms as “Newt2842.”
94. Napster gives it away.
95. Peek: Photographs from the Kinsey Institute reveals charmingly old-fashioned shots of 505 adults in kinky poses, traumatizing hundreds of grandchildren.
96. Oddly sexy yet politically creepy Russian president Vladimir Putin sports a fetching midriff-tied blouse in the pages of the New York Times Magazine.
97. Oddly creepy yet politically sexy soon-to-be-ex-Prez Bill Clinton signs a woman’s T-shirt, only to have her suddenly peel it off.
98. Monica Lewinsky goes into the handbag business, delighting psychoanalysts everywhere.
99. Bring It On catalyzes sublimated cheerleader fantasies in the women who sneered at them in high school.
100. Media says everything is sexy.