Not a member? Sign up now
NEW FEATURES AND OLD
We launched a bunch of new stuff this year, including:
• Dateline, time-stamped recountings of readers' romantic adventures
• Everyone I've Ever Had Sex With, which is just what it sounds like
• The Nerve Mixtape, in which celebrity musicians like Reggie Watts and Air share the playlists they'd make for someone they were trying to seduce.
• Our Sex Advice From series also brought us lusty tips from such luminaries as Aubrey Plaza, John Oliver, Rashida Jones, Taylor Kitsch, Alan Cumming, NOFX, and — best of all, to be honest — Andrew W.K., who inspired many with his passion.
• Much fuss surrounded Lena Dunham, so we dug into the archives to unearth one of her first series, Tight Shots, which she created for Nerve in 2007.
• Finally, our Talking to Strangers series was more adventurous than ever, travelling the world in search of great stories, and opening our eyes to sex and dating culture outside our familiar locales. Ruth Tam interviewed strangers in Ghana; Diksha Basu, in India; Silvia Donati, in Italy; Martina Dechevska, in Bulgaria; and Elissa Gross, in Iceland. Meanwhile, our fantastic interviewers like Daniela Cervetti and Marguerite Kennedy consistently found fascinating people right here at home.
• We rounded up our favorite stories from these in a little feature we called "The Craziest Place I Ever Had Sex."
Woo, that's a lot of features. Believe it or not, that's just a small fraction of what we published on Nerve this year. Thanks so much for reading, and we've got lots more to come.
Your friends at Nerve