Actress, comedienne, writer for the Office, and Twitter all-star Mindy Kaling has a new book coming out in November, and I, for one, have been totally over-excited (or maybe the exactly correct level of excited) ever since the news broke. I mean, there's no way this could not be as utterly delightful as I presume the woman herself to be, right? An excerpt from the collection of essays, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? was released today, and I'm happy to report that my high hopes seem to have been warranted.
Among the segments released such as "Don't Peak in High School" and "Guys Need to Do Almost Nothing to be Great," is a spot-on list of "Best Friend Rights and Responsibilities," which include the following:
– I can borrow all your clothes
– We sleep in the same bed ("How else would we talk until we fall asleep?")
– I must be 100% honest about how you look, but gentle
– I can ditch you, within reason
– I will take care of your kid if you die
– I will keep your favorite feminine hygiene product at my house
– I will try to like your boyfriend five times ("This is a fair number of times to hang out with your boyfriend and withhold judgment")
I don't know about your BFF relationships, but to me this rings eerily true, even though I can't say I've ever stocked up on anyone else's preferred brand of tampons. Click through to Scribd for the full excerpt and the rest of the list, and add your own BFF rules and regulations in the comments.