So not only do phone-sex operators still exist, but your friendly neighborhood minivan-driving mom might be one of them. But did anyone ever really think they were calling like, a total babe? You'd have to be pretty naive to think that this is actually the woman on the other end of the line:

So after watching Elisabeth Hasselbeck's hard-hitting investigative report on this issue, I learned that because of the economy, the number of moms with young children becoming phone-sex operators has increased 400% in the last eighteen months. Except Hasselbeck never explicitly says how many that is: a bold, italicized "400" looks a lot scarier gliding across the TV screen than saying there are something like fifty phone-sex-operator moms now as opposed to ten. (Not that I don't take Elisabeth Hasselbeck seriously or anything.)

While I do lean more on the insensitive side of "getting paid to sit at home all day and talk dirty to a stranger doesn't sound that bad," it is kind of sad for those moms who really don't want to do it, but can't get a job at Walmart or Subway. And I'm going to venture to say that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being infinitely more insensitive than I am, because at least I didn't go around interviewing ladies on the street to ask them if they'd let their child go on a playdate at a kid's house if the kid's mom was a phone-sex operator.

It's not like Americans aren't aware that becoming a phone-sex operator is generally not a... celebrated career move. So why make ladies who have little choice in the matter (specifically, the ones Hasselbeck interviewed, because there are plenty of phone-sex operators who are completely fine with their jobs, and rightly so) feel even worse about it?

C'mon Elisabeth. We can't all be the one host nobody wants to listen to on The View!

Tags Phone sex

Dec 19 11 - 9:26pm
midwestgirl

when I lived in NYC I was a dogwalker for some pretty famous folks and at night... a phone sex operator. It never bothered me, and it amused my friends but despite the pretty good money I quit because it was kinda sad for the guys on the other end. at least I felt sorry for some of the regulars that would call...

Dec 20 11 - 12:52pm
thinkywritey

This is exactly why I turned down the job when it was offered to me.

Dec 20 11 - 12:51am
Chee Tur

Does being a phone sex operator while married count as adultery?

Dec 20 11 - 8:58pm
l

is this the new definition of oral sex?

Dec 20 11 - 2:01am
D

What's wrong with soccer mom's? I love soccer mom's.

Dec 22 11 - 7:18am
Billy Joe

No guff. I prefer "real" women to airbrushed or doctored pron models. Yep, the slight stretch marks, the aging, the experience and the style.

Of course, I'm goin' on 50...

Dec 20 11 - 10:00am
horny pat

I like the phone sex lines. To hell with the internets and fake photos, I just won't some dirty talking. I'm a 1-800-TIE-ME-UP fan myself. It's a little expensive, but worth it for the phone domination.

Dec 20 11 - 11:11am
MSM

Hasselbeck has risen so far past her abilities she only wishes she could be one.

Dec 22 11 - 1:46am
Ashlee

I am a PSO and without this job I would have lost my house. I am starting to catch up now on my bills. I don't have to worry about the electic being shut off. My kids have food on the table to eat. I am able to buy them things instead of saying we can't because I don't have any money. I make decent money about $400.00 week working 20 hours. I work at night while the kids are asleep. I was ashamed at first to tell anybody. Then I didn't care anymore. Not a lot of people can find jobs. Even less can have jobs that can pull in the money I make and still be able to be at home with the kids. I was LUCKY to get this job. 20 people had applied and my boss gave it to me with the little experience I had. I don't have to live on government assistance. It was hard at first you get thrown in with no training. Talking dirty isn't as easy as it sounds. I thought it would be a cake job. I was mistakin. Some calls are downright sick others are sad in way. I am thankful that I have a job even though some feel that it isn't. I didn't see the show but that girl is says a lot of ignorant things. She has never had to worry about her kids eating.

Dec 28 11 - 2:25am
Melissa

Hi Ashlee. I am interested in getting into the business myself, I could really use the advice since I have no idea where to start or which comapnies are reputable. Thanks!

Dec 22 11 - 7:21am
Hank Snowball

I'm glad that you got over the shame, Ashlee. I don't see any issues with it at all. It's just humanity in all it's stripes. We gotta do what we gotta do.

Dec 22 11 - 11:22pm
raoul duke

Ummm, nobody's ever seen the Aerosmith video 'Sweet Emotion'?

Jaysus, this isn't news.

Dec 25 11 - 12:30am
Me Dave

400 percent of 10 is 40. Shoddy.

Dec 27 11 - 2:21pm
Nikole10

In today's economy you gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills, I know I am;) call me at 888-471-4468 and you can also check me out on http://www.easygirls.com

Dec 30 11 - 5:04pm
Phone Sex Operator

Hey it's big business. I'm not surprised so many people are looking to profit from phone sex. It's great in any business economy. Check out http://PhoneSexOperators.org for details on how to start your own phone sex business!

Apr 02 12 - 2:54am
Melissa

Hey I am completely fascinated about becoming a PSO. If anyone could give me in advice: what companies are on the up n up? How the pay grade is done etc. I would totally appreciate. My e-mail is stalkerfree0809@yahoo.com please put responding to PSO so I know it isn't spam. Thank you so very much......smiles

May 17 12 - 3:54pm
Textilicious

Join textilicious! They have all the info you need on how to start a career in phone sex.
www.textilicious.com