James Franco masturbates a lot, gives people panic attacks

That's not a cause and effect thing, though. At least, I don't think it is. James Franco's been doing the whole publicity thing for Danny Boyle's upcoming film 127 Hours — in which Franco plays mountaineer Aron Ralston, the man who was trapped by a boulder crushing his arm, which he eventually cut off — and during his interview with the Hollywood Reporter, he offered up this little factoid, which will certainly be of interest to those of you who find Franco rather alluring:

[laughs] OK. You asked the question. [pause] I spend a fair amount of time alone, especially when I travel maybe to something like this or for work or whatever, but I’m in hotels a lot for a lot of my life. And I don’t mind it because I have a lot of stuff to do on my own. I have a lot of reading to do for school or whatever. [pause, laughs] You asked! So, when I’m alone, I do masturbate a lot. I don’t know why. It’s like you have those days where it’s just like, I have a ton of writing to do, or a ton of reading to do, and you’re just like, OK, I’m going to be on the couch all day or in bed all day just doing that… I tend to have a four- or five-time day. [breaks out laughing] So, I probably would have if I was stuck under a rock.

(Semi-unrelated side note: do you think that when an interviewer gets a quote like this from a name like Franco, fireworks start going off in their brain, spelling out the word "YES"? I like to think so.)

In other 127 Hours-related news, early showings of the film, which is just starting to hit film festivals and selected screening, are proving what anyone familiar with the story of Ralston could probably guess: this is an intense thing to watch. Medics were called to two theaters over the weekend to treat viewers, one of whom experienced light-headedness and another who had a panic attack.

So, you know... proceed with caution, I guess, when this thing hits your local cinema. My suggestion? Take a paper bag with you, just to be safe, and if you feel yourself starting to freak out, just take deep breaths into the bag while repeating to yourself, "James Franco masturbates four or five times a day, James Franco masturbates four or five times a day, James Franco masturbates four or five times a day..."

That should help.

Via Towleroad.

Sep 07 10 - 1:46pm
envious

This from a man who doesn't have the time to feed himself?

Sep 07 10 - 11:20pm
jenn

bah hahaha
That just sounds like grad school to me!

Sep 08 10 - 8:44am
Experienced Hiker

I remember this Aron Ralston story from when it came out. Yeah, he's courageous and all, but the underlying story is that the guy is a fool. Anyone that has been hiking before knows that you always go hiking with a partner. 127 hours could have been 2 hours and he would have had both of his arms.

I know this story is about James Franco wanking it, but its ridiculous that someone that had to cut their own arm off because of their idiocy should be hailed a hero.

Maybe they set the movie up like Goofus and Gallant. Gallant always goes hiking with a partner. Goofus goes alone, gets trapped by a boulder and has to cut his own arm off. Who do you want to be: Goofus or Gallant?

Sep 08 10 - 11:06am
thinkywritey

Hiker, I'm not sure he's portrayed at a hero at all. Judging by the trailer I saw, he looked pretty idiotic.

Sep 08 10 - 2:46pm
Stuey

4 or 5 times a day my ass, 1 or 2, fine but at some point you would get raw, bored or tired. And trust me, I do it a lot myself.

Aug 11 11 - 4:08pm
Wooden and Laconic

Actually on the contrary, it is indeed possible. You can almost train yourself for that daily quantity. James Franco is usually really good at everything he does; and making love to himself should serve no different.

Sep 08 10 - 5:18pm
BoucheDag

5 is my personal best but I've only pulled it off a couple of times; by the time you reach #5, you're only doing it just to do it, no real pleasure involved other than relief once you do finish. Standard is twice, maybe three if I've got nothin' else going on or if I'm just particularly wound up that day.

Sep 09 10 - 1:42am
Dudeman

4 or 5 times is nothing. My record is 12. I don't think I've gone a day in years without at least 4.

Sep 09 10 - 4:24pm
ladee

I was just in a hotel room yesterday and got in 5 before 1pm. And Im a woman. Maybe its easier for us to rack em up.

Sep 10 10 - 10:15pm
LM

I'm curious if this is the number of orgasms or number of sessions. Cause I'll have 2-5 orgasms in a session, so it wouldn't be that hard to rack up a whole bunch.

Jan 05 11 - 11:25pm
Robert

This is some crazy stuff to admit. James Franco can get away with this kind of talk though. He's like one of those adorable kids that can say anything, and everybody will think it's cute and funny.

Jan 28 11 - 2:15pm
To Experienced Hiker

honestly, it was an accident. People can be great at the things they do even experts, but one simple mistake over hundreds of times of doing it can leave you trapped under a rock, experience or not. You can say it would never happen to you, but please "Pride always comes before the fall". The guy knew he was in trouble and did what he had to do to survive, which involved cutting off his arm. why would you diss him for that? you don't have to call him a hero, i'm not, but his story can be an example of how important we as humans view life and what we're willing to do to keep living.

Apr 13 11 - 7:03pm
kajsiss

i'd easily do him five times a day

Jun 05 11 - 11:48pm
stacey

my the hell would someone ask him if he would masturbate if he was trapped under a rock? i think the interviewer should be the one people are worried about....

Oct 19 11 - 6:36pm
Dash

Because Ralston masturbated while trapped under a rock(in Real life, natch). Franco played Ralston in 127 - hence the scene in the film where he yanks it. Now you see?

Jul 22 11 - 10:46am
Cactus

Hats off to whoever wrote this up and posetd it.