Tucker Carlson has found himself in some hot water with fellow conservatives after tweeting on Monday, "Palin's popularity falling in Iowa, but maintains lead to become supreme commander of Milfistan." The next morning it turned out the tweet had been deleted, followed by an apology.

Then on Tuesday, pre-apology, Conservatives4Palin writer Stacy Drake let Carlson have it, taking him to task for failing to own his "sexist" comment, and stressing the unacceptability of male columnists continuing to objectify women in politics. Michelle Malkin jumped in, tweeting: "I am not down with @karlrove @tuckercarlson misogynist mockery of @sarahpalinusa. Sick of it." Conservative blogger Erick Erickson did have Carlson's back though, tweeting "Maybe my sense of humor needs to be recalibrated, but when I heard @TuckerCarlson's MILFistan comment, I laughed then got out my passport."

By yesterday, the right's internecine war of the sexes was on. Whitney Pitcher wrote a post on Conservatives4Palin titled "MILF-Misogynists (and Elites) I'd like to Fulminate," throwing the gender gauntlet down hard:

"Perhaps an additional reason that Governor Palin does not win the respect of the Elite and Establishment is that you cannot be praised for your 'perfectly creased pants' if you often wear a skirt, right David Brooks? (Ouch.) The continued line of attack from the Establishment and Elite men in the GOP have come as a result of Governor Palin's genetic makeup."

Between the Tea Party and squabbles like this, Newt Gingrich is gonna have his work cut out.

Mar 03 11 - 2:58pm
dinosaurs

maybe he was making fun of sarah palin because she sucks, and not all women in politics. sorry ladies, in this country you don't get to pick your leaders. wait...

Mar 03 11 - 3:31pm
anon

somebody at Fox News making themselves look bad? I must be dreaming! lol :)

Mar 03 11 - 4:50pm
Jeff @ DeadTreeMedia

Maybe Palin and her team should have thought about that before leading with the whole "soccer mom/hocky mom", I'm a woman hear me roar bullshit during the campaign. If you don't want people to consider your sex in an argument, then don't fucking lead with that.

May 24 11 - 10:45am
sb

like, can you put any more fucking bullshit profanities in your fucking bullshit comments?

Mar 03 11 - 5:18pm
nope

Not sure why you felt the need to put "sexist" in quotation marks. It was sexist and objectifying, regardless of whether it happened to a politician you agree with or not. Props to conservative women for actually standing up against it though.

Mar 03 11 - 6:07pm
PeterSmith

The tweet was crass, but since Sarah Palin is pretty clearly a lightweight who never would've attained national prominence without being good-looking, it's a little disingenuous of them to pretend the matter of her sex appeal is a shocking non sequitur.

Sep 20 11 - 3:36am
maitaisoo

A sitting Governor "is pretty clearly a lightweight..."? knock, knock... anybody home in your "stuck on stupid" brain?

Mar 03 11 - 11:33pm
Lude Prewd

I don't have a problem with Mr Carlson wanting to [friend] Ms Palin. But can't anyone keep these things private anymore? Besides which, Ms Palin isn't just a MILF, she's a GILF.

Mar 04 11 - 12:04am
Bruce

He is an idiot, plain and simple.

Sep 19 11 - 4:55pm
anon 7

Idiot is a bad word. You can make your point stronger and yet more decent. To own a blog like his is no mean feat, preety sure he pays people who make more than you do. Much as I detest his latest endeavours, I will not stoop to the gutter to tango

Mar 04 11 - 12:28am
Bill

Conservatives have no sense of humor. Seriously, laugh you bastards!

Sep 19 11 - 4:52pm
anon 7

Hey, would like to follow you home and see your parents or wife or husband, (incase you r gay). It just irritates to read comments like yours