Naked Israeli women support naked Egyptian woman

This is the next logical move for Occupy Wall Street. Forty Israeli women have taken a (SFW) nude group photo to express solidarity with Aliaa Magda Elmahdy, a feminist Egyptian blogger who angered religious authorities by posting a (NSFW) photo. Her artistic protest against sexual repression led to numerous death threats, but — on the bright side — she scored 17,000 Twitter followers.

Now a group of Zionist ladies is giving Elmahdy moral support in her fight against the morality police. Or Tepler, a twenty-eight-year-old Israeli, recruited dozens of her countrywomen to (kind of) show their bodies "for a woman who is just like us young, ambitious, full of dreams and evidently has a developed sense of humor." And just as Elmahdy's protest infuriated fundamentalists in Egypt, Tepler's is bound to do the same in Israel, where religious hardliners have gained much power in recent years.

Nevertheless, Tepler, "a seeker of peace," hopes that she can unite Jewish and Muslim progressives. If only Netanyahu and Abbas were to don their birthday suits, everyone in the Middle East would finally get along.

Tags Egypt Israel

Nov 20 11 - 1:12pm
lolwut

SHA-LOM!

Nov 20 11 - 1:24pm
Greg

Somehow I think getting support from Israelis isn't going to help her in Egypt.
"Oh, the Zionists support her, well, we better layoff!"

Nov 20 11 - 1:47pm
Jewlicious

"And just as Elmahdy's protest infuriated fundamentalists in Egypt, Tepler's is bound to do the same in Israel, where religious hardliners have gained much power in recent years."

I'm betting Tepler isn't going to get any death threats. You can't really compare Egypt's fundamentalists to ours Beckerman. Methinks it's time for you to take another trip to Israel and refresh your memory of our country. I for one applaud Tepler's show of solidarity and hope Aliaa Magda Elmahdy stays safe and stays strong.

Nov 20 11 - 5:16pm
John Son

Because Israeli fundamentalists only attack Palestinians.

Nov 20 11 - 1:51pm
Weary

"Solidarnosh" for naked women. How cool. She'd better get out of Egypt pronto anyway.

Nov 20 11 - 1:58pm
No objections

to seeing naked Israeli women.

Nov 20 11 - 2:33pm
JCB

As a Canadian woman living in Egypt/Jordan/Syria for 10+ years, that image is deeply frightening to me because there's a better than average chance it will get her killed. She looks really young, and I honestly think if she were older and had the experience to think this through, she would realize posting nude pictures won't do much to help the feminist cause over here (and will probably set it back with the amount of backlash). The Israeli women are taking a much smaller risk, and Westerners who "support her cause" have no idea what it's like over here and the dangers women are up against. My heart goes out to Aliaa and I admire her bravery, but I just can't support something this dangerous.

Dec 22 11 - 6:22am
Dude

As a Canadian man living in Canada, I totally agree with every word you wrote, JCB. My heart goes out to Aliaa and her courage, but there's no doubt in my mind that it will only go badly - really, really badly - for her. Unwise.

Nov 20 11 - 5:09pm
Greg

On a side note, I'm betting that tarp is hiding A LOT of hair!

Nov 21 11 - 1:00pm
lezley

FYI: I like bald pussy because it's more lickable. Look, I know I am letting the team down but I've accepted it. Sorry.

Dec 22 11 - 6:15pm
Team

You're onside, lezley. We're putting you into the first string. Good girl.

Nov 20 11 - 5:54pm
Sanchez

"On a side note, I'm betting that tarp is hiding A LOT of hair!"

And even more cellulite!

Dec 22 11 - 6:15pm
Pablo

Yeah... but all the flavours... mmmmmmmmm

Nov 20 11 - 6:51pm
mrmaven

Rather predictably when I clicked through to see the eqyptian girl my hard drive (on my computer) started whirring away and I couldn't navigate away from the site immediately. Everything about this story and that site suggests virus trap. I pulled the cord and the battery. I must say though I think she was a bit young, in any culture, for that sort of thing.

Nov 21 11 - 1:00pm
lezley

You don't know anything about computers, do you.

Nov 28 11 - 11:11am
Makesheeft

Haha Lezley I was just thinking the same thing. What's the bet he is late 50's early 60's? Clueless about computers and terrified of the threat of viruses. :)

Nov 23 11 - 7:42pm
Donald

Jewish fundamentalists are just as dangerous and intolerant as Muslim fundamentalists. I see absolutely no difference between the groups. Both of would gladly murder or blow up stuff and people to further their ends.

Dec 22 11 - 6:24am
Trump

Let's not pretend that Christian or Hindu fundamentalists are any different. It's not about the tenets of the belief system; it's about the extremism of it.

Dec 05 11 - 7:39pm
Carl

What is the basis for the assumption that all the Israeli women in this photo are "Zionist ladies"? There are non- and anti-Zionists--women and men--in Israel.

Dec 10 11 - 6:15am
jake

all the naysaying aside....good for you!!!!!

Jan 08 12 - 8:06am
zoob

fuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jun 16 12 - 1:02pm
Deana Wilson

It is really different that there are so many beautiful lesbian in Israel.