Alec Baldwin

American Airlines flight attendants might actually win their bizarre public fight with Alec Baldwin, having now issued a demand that his show 30 Rock stop airing on their company's flights. The Association of Professional Flight Attendants "has requested that American Airlines remove the show from future flights," explained a spokesman, adding that they'd back down "if and only if if Mr. Baldwin publicly apologizes to American Airlines flight attendants."

For his part, Baldwin has only issued a half-hearted apology to his fellow passengers while slamming the flight crew that attempted to separate him from his iPhone. This weekend, he parodied the incident on SNL, issuing a fake apology to himself from the airline and referring to himself as "a national treasure."

As for the flight attendants, they now claim the actor was "violent, abusive and aggressive," and have met with the airline to discuss the issue, so far to no avail. "The current status is that [...] 30 Rock continues to air on some of our flights, but not others, which is our standard programming procedure," according to an airline spokesperson.

Well, it makes sense that the flight attendants want to put Baldwin in his place — no one should get away with throwing a diva tantrum over a game of Words With Friends. But don't unions (not to mention the entire airline industry) have bigger things to worry about right now? This seems a little, um, vehement.

Dec 13 11 - 1:08pm
BrosephofArimathea

*Dismissive wanking motion*

Dec 13 11 - 2:05pm
MysteryAnon3000

*Seconded dismissive wanking motion*

Dec 13 11 - 2:54pm
Publius

Thirded. AA's use of 30 Rock is probably good for less than 0.01% of the shows and that's likely vastly overstating the case.

Dec 13 11 - 2:25pm
Zowie!

I can't help but wonder how many fucks Alec Baldwin doesn't give about their threat to ban 30 Rock from AA flights.

Dec 13 11 - 3:46pm
LAP

Can we ban flight attendants from flights? Can you say self-important douches? How many of us have been subjected to asshole flight attendants who treat fliers like shit? It's happened to me more than once, and I don't even play Words with Friends.

Dec 13 11 - 4:20pm
lt

Really? More than once? Why are you so sure that you're not the problem?

Dec 13 11 - 4:22pm
Psst

For sure. If they want greater sympathy, maybe they should treat those that follow the rules a little better.

Dec 13 11 - 9:09pm
LAP

@It: because I am silent and follow instructions. I can perceive an attitude problem without giving them one of my own. You give someone a little power in a confined space, and all hell breaks loose. So, while I may have accidentally mildly insulted a flight attendant in a way that I couldn't possibly know, I don't think it deserves the attitude I've gotten. They treat customers like a burden--not like the people who ensure they have a job.