Sesame Street will not let you forget that it's still relevant. The children's show latest pop-culture ploy has Cookie Monster making a YouTube plea for Saturday Night Live to let him host an episode, Betty White-style.
And, because the internet is all internet-y, people are reacting all over the place. To give you an idea of how seriously people take this business, here's a varied sampling of headlines (keep in mind that the video was released just today):
- "S Is for Self-Promoter: Cookie Monster Wants to Host ‘Saturday Night Live,' New York Times
- "We All Need A Break: Check Out Cookie Monster's 'SNL' Audition Tape," NPR
- "See Cookie Monster’s Fantastic SNL Audition Tape," Vulture
- "COOKIE MONSTER AS ‘SNL’ HOST IS A TERRIBLE IDEA," Warming Glow
- "Make sure to include the joke that people might confuse him with Bobby Moynihan," Lindsay Cutler of Nerve.
Watch Cookie Monster's audition tape below to see what the whole world wide web is talking about.