As we move closer to the fall, more information about Glee‘s heavily anticipated second season is leaking out. And if you thought the show was as super-duper flaming gay as it could be in the first season (which it was), then you’ll have to adjust your gay scales, because these gays go to eleven! [You’re fired for that joke. – Ed.] So what could top (heh) a football team dancing to "Single Ladies" and an episode with a Lady Gaga theme? Here’s what we’ve learned so far, Mary:
– There will be a Britney Spears-themed episode centered around our favorite dimwit, Britney.
– Out actor Cheyenne Jackson, formerly of 30 Rock and a ton of Broadway shows, will replace Idina Menzel as the coach of Vocal Adrenaline.
– Kurt will get a football-playing boyfriend, played by Chord Overstreet (which is not the name of a gay porn star, but obviously could be).
– There will be a Rocky Horror Picture Show-themed episode, and while I’m reaching my "theme episode" limit real fast, of course kids in show choir would be obsessed with Rocky Horror, so at least it makes sense. Sue Sylvester as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, please?
– Javier Bardem will guest star. He’s not gay, but he is hot.
Guuuuurl: there has never been a gayer show than Glee. Not Queer as Folk. Not The L Word. Nothing on Logo or here! or Bravo (except maybe RuPaul’s Drag Race). And who would have thought we would find the apex of gay TV on network television?