Not a member? Sign up now
What Did You Do Last Night?: "Meditation group went well, until they started talking about aliens."
But the robes look so cool!
by Jeremy Popkin
Bravo, sirs and madams. You magnificent bastards did it again. Another week has gone by, enriched by the astounding achievements of the awe-inspiring members of Nerve. We're just lucky you took time out of your busy schedule saving endangered seal pups and attending extravagant Persian rooftop parties to tell us what you've been up to. Every time you log in to Nerve, you're asked "What did you do last night?" Here are some of our favorite answers this week.
Lemonade out of Lemons Award
• "Watched Repo Man. My friend got her car repoed today, so I figured it was a fitting celebration."
• "Went to the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island. Partied so much I would have missed work today, if only I had a job."
The Only Thing Separating a Hot Yoga Class From a Cult are the Stretch Pants Award
• "Meditation group went well the other day. Until they started talking about aliens and star seed people."
Questions Most Likely to Keep You Awake at Night
• "What happened to all the Sour Patch parents?"
• "Never put "In A Relationship" with my ex girlfriend of three years on Facebook. Does that mean I really didn't love her?"
• "I've been showing old episodes of Doctor Who and Buffy to my girls. Is a vampire slayer considered a positive role model?"
More Rollerball, Less Whip It Award
• "Went to a Gotham Girls Roller Derby Match! Go Manhattan Mayhem!"
Most Likely to Start a Conversation About Infinite Jest Within the Next Twenty-Four Hours
• "Met with my weekly writers' group. Literature is not dead."
• "Saw Norwegian-thriller Headhunters, had an amazing dinner at Yunnan Kitchen, and talked atomism, sympathy, and organisms.
• "Planning on reading a book in the park this weekend with a sign reading "Intelligent conversations: Free with a hello!" This is going to be fun."
• "Drank good beer and wrote bad poetry."
Second Life No Longer Cutting It Award
• "I can't wait until the Matrix happens. Plug me into that shit."
Keep on keepin' on, Nerve. There's a whole diem out there to carpe, and you're the ones to do it. Want to find someone to strap on a pair of skates and go full body contact with? Meet them on Nerve.